Cancer Resource Center
Centura Mercy Hospital, 1 Mercado St., Ste 228, Durango, CO 81301
We’re happy to announce we have now moved to a new more convenient location now inside of Mercy Medical Center to Suite 228, next to Mercy Surgical Welcome Center.
We offer various services including:
Volunteers are available in the Cancer Resource Center:
- Monday to Thursday
- Hours are: 9:30 – 12:00
Applications for small financial grants and gas cards:
- See Resources and Apply on this Website
- The Cancer Resource Alliance in Montezuma and Dolores counties.
Lodging assistance for people that travel more than 50 miles of Mercy Cancer Center for cancer treatment:
- We work with the Oncology Social Workers to assess the patient’s needs.
- Durango hotel rooms are either donated by the hotel or are provided at a reduced rate to the patient.
Head coverings available at the Cancer Resource Center:
- We help a patient find a free wig from our inventory.
- We have a variety of free head coverings like hats, scarves, and skull caps to keep heads warm.
- With each wig, we may provide a wig stand made by Montrose Wood Turners.
- We provide additional information on where to get a wig if we do not have one for the patient.
Mastectomy bras, surgical bras, and knitted prosthesis in limited supply:
- We will help the patient choose which product they need after surgery.
- We are non-certified mastectomy bra fitters.
- Can provide additional cancer information in the way of print outs or brochures on many cancer topics. (American Cancer Society, National Cancer Institute, Lymphoma and Leukemia Society)
- These polished stones are donated by the LaPlata County Gem and Mineral Club members. They can help a person feel better and ease anxiety.
Library at Mercy Cancer Center:
- This library includes books, brochures and pamphlets on many cancer subjects that can be signed out at the reception desk with receptionist at DCC(Radiation) The library is located to the Left of the SW Oncology reception desk,
- “Lend an ear” with patients and family members when they need to talk.